Artwork by @claymil.
Even if you don’t know the difference between a basketball and a cantaloupe, you can still take part in the fun this time of year.
While your friends and relatives are filling out their NCAA Tournament brackets, trying to figure out which of 64 teams will win the national championship, we’re filling out brackets too.
You can help us choose the champion among 64 vegan foods, a collection of fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes and nuts, all of whom are strong contenders (and very nutritious!)
Here’s how it works:
- On Sunday, March 12, we asked you to register for Munch Madness.
- The Staff at Jewish Veg selected the Sweet 16, pairing them into 8 one-vs.-one contests.
- We asked you to select a winner in each of the 8 contests, creating The Great Eight.
- On Thursday, March 23, we sent you a new email so to narrow the field to 4 finalists.
- Then on Monday, April 3, you’ll select your favorite among the Final Food Four. On Tuesday morning, we’ll announce the winning food on social media and on our website.
Everyone who votes in all three rounds will receive a special code, good for a 16% discount on any of the books and apparel in the Jewish Veg Shop.
And everyone who picked the eventual winner will be entered into a drawing for Jewish Veg t-shirts, aprons, shopping bags and kipot.
Invite your friends, family and co-workers to join you in playing Munch Madness. You’ll help them see that there is A LOT of wonderful vegan food out there.