Apple Nachos for Tu BiShvat (WFPB)by Lisa Apfelberg
This super easy plate of Apple Nachos is perfect for Tu BiShvat! You can add many of The Seven Sacred Foods (Shivat HaMinim) mentioned in Deuteronomy / Devarim chapter 8 in the Torah. It also makes a great snack any other time of year.
- 2 medium or large red apples (I used fuji)
- ½ cup runny peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) (see note)
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Vegan marshmallows
- Mini vegan chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped dates, figs, raisins
- Whatever other treats you have
- Slice your apples thinly.
- Arrange apple slices in a spiral design on a plate.
- Take the half cup of peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) and drizzle it over the apples in a circular motion. If your peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, see the notes section below.
- Decorate with toasted sliced almonds, vegan marshmallows, mini vegan chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or whatever other vegan treats you have.
- Enjoy immediately.
- If your peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, add it to a bowl and microwave on 50% power for 20 seconds. Check to see if it’s become more liquid and pourable. If not, microwave for another set. Once you can pour it, proceed with step 3. If you do not have a microwave, you can warm the peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. We also recommend checking out “natural” peanut butters as they tend to be more runny.
Vegan Moussaka (Gluten-Free) My dinner table is always full for Jewish holidays. Friends, family, visitors from afar, and strays and strangers from...
Vegan Aviyal (Kerala-style Avial Vegetable Subji) What could be better than a dish that is not only suitable to be offered as bhoga to the... Main
Vegan Goma Dressing (Japanese Roasted Sesame Dressing) Get ready to sesa-meet your new favorite dressing! It’s time to unlock the ses-amazing potential of your salads! Check... Condiments
Vegan Mercimek Köfte (Turkish Bulgur and Lentil Meatballs) This traditional vegan Turkish appetizer will have you rocking the house party (len)til the break of dawn. These vegan... Main
Vegan Loubia (Moroccan Stewed White Beans) (WFPB) Loubia is here to make you go “beananas” with every nourishing spoonful. You will wonder where this recipe “bean”... Main
Polenta with fresh veggies (WFPB) I’m new to polenta but found it to be delicious and this meal lasted me for three days! Appetizer
Apple Bread (WFPB) This newly created recipe was a hit with all the guests we hosted this weekend. Everyone asked for a... Breakfast
Blueberry Pancakes (WFPB) These delicious blueberry pancakes are super fluffy and you wouldn’t even know they’re actually good for you! Breakfast
Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins (WFPB) These fluffy muffins use sweet potato and whole wheat flour, making them the perfect light and nutritious breakfast to-go. Breakfast
Matzah Bake This version of a Passover lasagna will be a hit at your Seder, and you’ll be tempted to make... Main
Tofu Egg Salad A perfect sandwich for a picnic… or just a quick and easy lunch! This egg salad is made out... Main
Vegan Chicken (Seitan) Experience the ultimate succulent meaty texture and flavor with my seitan-based vegan chicken recipe. This plant-based alternative rivals the... Main