Apple Bread (WFPB)by Lisa Apfelberg
This newly created recipe was a hit with all the guests we hosted this weekend. Everyone asked for a second, third, and fourth piece. I was really pleased!
2 cups of spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon allspice
1 cup soy milk
1 ½ cup finely chopped apple
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Add all of the dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Add applesauce, soy milk, and syrup and mix until there are no dry parts left.
- Gently fold in the chopped apple, leaving a bit behind to sprinkle onto the top.
- Add another sprinkle of cinnamon onto the top and then place the remaining apple pieces and the chopped pecans onto the top, pressing down lightly so that they go into the batter a bit.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let it sit for about 10 before removing it from the pan and then let it cool for another 15 or so until you cut it. It is easier to cut and stays together better if it’s cooled a bit. Enjoy!