Blueberry Pancakes (WFPB)by Lisa Apfelberg
These delicious blueberry pancakes are super fluffy and you wouldn't even know they're actually good for you!
1 cup oat flour (take whole oats and blend until turned into flour)
1 cup hot water
1 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- In a medium sized bowl, combine oat flour and hot water and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small sized bowl take the ripe banana and mix it really well until it becomes a very pureed texture. Add the vanilla and unsweetened applesauce and mix it all together well.
- Add the banana mixture to the oat mixture and mix into the consistency of pancake batter. Add cinnamon.
- If needed, spray a minimal amount of cooking spray onto a nonstick pan and wipe any excess out with a paper towel. Heat the pan over medium-low heat and spoon the pancakes (about two tablespoons apiece) into the pan. Once the top starts to bubble, they are ready to flip. They cook quickly so keep close watch.
- While cooking the pancakes, put the ⅔ cup of frozen blueberries into a pot and cook those over a low heat. Mix frequently. This becomes a healthy fruity syrup. Use this to top the pancakes.
- You may or may not need to use cooking spray into your pan. Try a nonstick griddle or an All Clad Nonstick pan or similar if avoiding all oil.