Shabbat Harvest Plateby Lisa Apfelberg
Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner!
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
20 brussels sprouts, halved
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 pound block of super firm (or pressed firm) tofu, cubed
Avocado oil spray
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Carrots, spiralized or shredded
Can of sliced beets
Thinly sliced cucumber
Fresh avocado, cubed
French fried onions to garnish
Slivered almonds to garnish
4 cups cooked jasmine rice
4 cups cooked quinoa
Sesame garlic dressing
3 tablespoons tahini
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees Celsius).
- On two baking sheets, place broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and tofu and spray with avocado oil to help with cooking. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes until everything is browned to your liking.
- While the ingredients are cooking, blend the salad dressing together until it’s smooth.
- This presents beautifully for Shabbat guests because it has so many different components and people can make their own plate with what they like. We put all of the ingredients into bowls and make an assembly line. The cooked rice or quinoa are the base. If your guests don’t like your sesame dressing, light soy sauce, and other hot sauces work well.
Tofu Mushroom Cobb Salad This bright and flavorful salad will become a new lunch or dinner favorite in your house! Easy to make... Main
Tofu Piccata This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it’s really delicious and filling. This would make... Main
Easy Air Fryer Tofu, Broccoli, and Potato Dinner This easy dinner can be made all in your air fryer! You can also adapt any of the components... Main
Shabbat Harvest Plate Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner! Main
Vegan Chicken Salad An easy, filling vegan chicken salad recipe for any time of year! Main
Rice Paper Bacon The easiest, tastiest and cheapest vegan bacon I’ve ever encountered: RICE PAPER BACON! Appetizer
Zucchini Fritters A perfect summer treat! Side
Lisa’s Shabbat Lemon Cake A bright, delicious cake to make your Shabbat a true oneg (delight). Dessert
Scrumptious Mac and Cheese (no boil) Baked vegan mac and cheese, using only one dish! Perfect for an easy and delicious Shabbat dinner, or any... Main
Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit Warming, filling, and easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious! Main
Mushroom Stroganoff Comfort food at its finest. Main
Chocolate Covered Cookies with Peppermint A quick, easy treat that kids (and kids at heart) are sure to love! Dessert