Tofu Piccataby Lisa Apfelberg
This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it's really delicious and filling. This would make a lovely Shabbat dinner, though it's perfect for any occasion.
1 block of extra-firm tofu, water drained out
¼ cup flour (can substitute with chickpea or other gluten-free flour if needed)
1 tablespoon avocado oil
¼ cup vegan white wine
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons of capers without liquid
2 tablespoons vegan butter (one for sauce and one to cook mushrooms in)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
8 thin lemon slices
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried parsley on top
12 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Cut the tofu into 8 even slices.
- Put the flour into a flat bowl and add a bit of salt and pepper and place tofu into the mixture covering the tofu slices on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until the slices are golden brown on both sides — about 5 minutes per side. Set the tofu aside when it’s done.
- Add the wine and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until the garlic is lightly browned and most of the wine will evaporate for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- At the same time, use the second tablespoon of butter to saute the mushrooms and garlic powder in a separate small pan until they are cooked down and flavorful.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, and capers to the pan and then return the tofu to the pan. Cook in the liquid on both sides for about a minute. Remove the tofu again onto a platter to serve.
- Add the butter, lemon slices, and cooked mushrooms to the larger skillet. When the butter melts, pour the liquid remaining in the skillet over the tofu and arrange the lemon slices and mushrooms on top. Sprinkle dried parsley over the tofu.
Tofu Mushroom Cobb Salad This bright and flavorful salad will become a new lunch or dinner favorite in your house! Easy to make... Main
Tofu Piccata This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it’s really delicious and filling. This would make... Main
Easy Air Fryer Tofu, Broccoli, and Potato Dinner This easy dinner can be made all in your air fryer! You can also adapt any of the components... Main
Shabbat Harvest Plate Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner! Main
Vegan Chicken Salad An easy, filling vegan chicken salad recipe for any time of year! Main
Rice Paper Bacon The easiest, tastiest and cheapest vegan bacon I’ve ever encountered: RICE PAPER BACON! Appetizer
Zucchini Fritters A perfect summer treat! Side
Lisa’s Shabbat Lemon Cake A bright, delicious cake to make your Shabbat a true oneg (delight). Dessert
Scrumptious Mac and Cheese (no boil) Baked vegan mac and cheese, using only one dish! Perfect for an easy and delicious Shabbat dinner, or any... Main
Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit Warming, filling, and easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious! Main
Mushroom Stroganoff Comfort food at its finest. Main
Chocolate Covered Cookies with Peppermint A quick, easy treat that kids (and kids at heart) are sure to love! Dessert