Apple Nachos for Tu BiShvatby Lisa Apfelberg
This super easy plate of Apple Nachos is perfect for Tu BiShvat! You can add many of The Seven Sacred Foods (Shivat HaMinim) mentioned in Deuteronomy / Devarim chapter 8 in the Torah. It also makes a great snack any other time of year.
- 2 medium or large red apples (I used fuji)
- ½ cup runny peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) (see note)
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Vegan marshmallows
- Mini vegan chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped dates, figs, raisins
- Whatever other treats you have
- Slice your apples thinly.
- Arrange apple slices in a spiral design on a plate.
- Take the half cup of peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) and drizzle it over the apples in a circular motion. If your peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, see the notes section below.
- Decorate with toasted sliced almonds, vegan marshmallows, mini vegan chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or whatever other vegan treats you have.
- Enjoy immediately.
- If your peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, add it to a bowl and microwave on 50% power for 20 seconds. Check to see if it’s become more liquid and pourable. If not, microwave for another set. Once you can pour it, proceed with step 3. If you do not have a microwave, you can warm the peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. We also recommend checking out “natural” peanut butters as they tend to be more runny.
Tofu Mushroom Cobb Salad This bright and flavorful salad will become a new lunch or dinner favorite in your house! Easy to make... Main
Tofu Piccata This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it’s really delicious and filling. This would make... Main
Easy Air Fryer Tofu, Broccoli, and Potato Dinner This easy dinner can be made all in your air fryer! You can also adapt any of the components... Main
Shabbat Harvest Plate Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner! Main
Vegan Chicken Salad An easy, filling vegan chicken salad recipe for any time of year! Main
Rice Paper Bacon The easiest, tastiest and cheapest vegan bacon I’ve ever encountered: RICE PAPER BACON! Appetizer
Zucchini Fritters A perfect summer treat! Side
Lisa’s Shabbat Lemon Cake A bright, delicious cake to make your Shabbat a true oneg (delight). Dessert
Scrumptious Mac and Cheese (no boil) Baked vegan mac and cheese, using only one dish! Perfect for an easy and delicious Shabbat dinner, or any... Main
Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit Warming, filling, and easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious! Main
Mushroom Stroganoff Comfort food at its finest. Main
Chocolate Covered Cookies with Peppermint A quick, easy treat that kids (and kids at heart) are sure to love! Dessert