S’mores Puddingby Rebecca Gilbert
Do you miss S’mores and campfire days from the Girl Scouts? Try this easy vegan dessert recipe for S’mores Pudding!
1 package silken or lite firm tofu drained
¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk)
¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
¼ cup vegan mini-marshmallows (use extra for garnish)
¼ cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
6 vegan graham cracker rows 2 squares each
- Crumble 4 graham cracker rows using your hands, a rolling pin, or pressure from a glass. Sprinkle into individual dishes to create the bottom layer of the S’more. Set aside.
- Add tofu, plant milk, marshmallows, maple syrup, cocoa, and remaining two graham crackers rows to your Vitamix, Blendtec, or other high speed blender / food processor. (Helpful tip: if using a blender, cut tofu into 8 pieces and break up the graham crackers into small pieces.)
- Melt chocolate chips for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Add melted chocolate to the processing container. Blend / process until the entire pudding mixture is well combined.
- Gather serving dishes and spread pudding mixture over top of the graham cracker layer. Garnish with mini vegan marshmallows. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow the pudding to set.
- If you only have the regular size vegan marshmallows, use 4 large marshmallows to make the pudding recipe. Chop a few extra into quarters to make the garnish.
- If using silken tofu, drain and then let the tofu sit for about 15 minutes. Drain again. This helps to make sure all the water is gone. If pudding is too watery, mix in some crumbled graham crackers to thicken it and blend again before pouring into the individual ramekins/ serving dishes. I like using glass ramekins so my guests can see the pudding layers 🙂
Reprinted with permission from It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan by Rebecca Gilbert, founder of the Yummy Plants website.
Tofu Mushroom Cobb Salad This bright and flavorful salad will become a new lunch or dinner favorite in your house! Easy to make... Main
Tofu Piccata This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it’s really delicious and filling. This would make... Main
Easy Air Fryer Tofu, Broccoli, and Potato Dinner This easy dinner can be made all in your air fryer! You can also adapt any of the components... Main
Shabbat Harvest Plate Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner! Main
Vegan Chicken Salad An easy, filling vegan chicken salad recipe for any time of year! Main
Rice Paper Bacon The easiest, tastiest and cheapest vegan bacon I’ve ever encountered: RICE PAPER BACON! Appetizer
Zucchini Fritters A perfect summer treat! Side
Lisa’s Shabbat Lemon Cake A bright, delicious cake to make your Shabbat a true oneg (delight). Dessert
Scrumptious Mac and Cheese (no boil) Baked vegan mac and cheese, using only one dish! Perfect for an easy and delicious Shabbat dinner, or any... Main
Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit Warming, filling, and easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious! Main
Mushroom Stroganoff Comfort food at its finest. Main
Chocolate Covered Cookies with Peppermint A quick, easy treat that kids (and kids at heart) are sure to love! Dessert