Zucchini Frittersby Lisa Apfelberg
A perfect summer treat!
5 medium zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 cloves garlic minced
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ cup melted vegan butter
Avocado oil for frying
- Grate zucchini and add to a glass mixing bowl. Mix in salt and leave for about 12 minutes. The salt will help the excess water expel from the zucchini. Use your hands to squeeze out the zucchini and leave the excess water behind. Put the squeezed zucchini into a new bowl to assemble the recipe.
- In the new bowl, add the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika to the zucchini. Mix well. It will be a very dry batter that is not well put together.
- Add in the melted butter and then mix it together to make a thick batter.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a frying pan and let it get hot over a medium heat. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter into the pan and flatten the scoops a bit with the spoon. Cook a few at a time.
- I cooked for about 5 minutes per side flipping when they were lightly browned.
Blueberry Pancakes (WFPB) These delicious blueberry pancakes are super fluffy and you wouldn’t even know they’re actually good for you! Breakfast
Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins (WFPB) These fluffy muffins use sweet potato and whole wheat flour, making them the perfect light and nutritious breakfast to-go. Breakfast
Matzah Bake This version of a Passover lasagna will be a hit at your Seder, and you’ll be tempted to make... Main
Cheesecake Dip (WFPB) This dairy-free dip is tastes like cheesecake but is made from tofu! It’s a great dip for fruit, pretzels,... Dessert
Spinach Noodle Kugel A twist on traditional sweet kugel, this is a savory kugel with spinach. Dairy and egg-free, easy and quick... Main
Tofu Egg Salad A perfect sandwich for a picnic… or just a quick and easy lunch! This egg salad is made out... Main
Vegan Cream Cheese (WFPB) This easy, creamy vegan cream cheese is super easy to make and packed with protein! Customize with add-ins like... Appetizer
Vegan Chicken (Seitan) Experience the ultimate succulent meaty texture and flavor with my seitan-based vegan chicken recipe. This plant-based alternative rivals the... Main
Vegan Shawarma Vegan Shawarma: A delicious, fast-to-make, and healthy plant-based version of the beloved Middle Eastern classic. Packed with savory, aromatic... Main
Vegan Baklava with Rosewater Syrup and Pistachios This divine baklava recipe features layers upon layers of crispy, golden-brown phyllo pastry that is generously stuffed with a... Dessert
Vegan Apple Cider Donuts Absolutely perfect donut shop-style cider donuts made entirely plant-based! Check out the complete step-by-step guide to making these Vegan... Dessert
Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice You’ll relish every scrumptious morsel of this delectable vegan kimchi fried rice (or kimchi bokkeum bap), bursting with bold... Main