Zucchini Frittersby Lisa Apfelberg
A perfect summer treat!
5 medium zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 cloves garlic minced
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ cup melted vegan butter
Avocado oil for frying
- Grate zucchini and add to a glass mixing bowl. Mix in salt and leave for about 12 minutes. The salt will help the excess water expel from the zucchini. Use your hands to squeeze out the zucchini and leave the excess water behind. Put the squeezed zucchini into a new bowl to assemble the recipe.
- In the new bowl, add the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika to the zucchini. Mix well. It will be a very dry batter that is not well put together.
- Add in the melted butter and then mix it together to make a thick batter.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a frying pan and let it get hot over a medium heat. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter into the pan and flatten the scoops a bit with the spoon. Cook a few at a time.
- I cooked for about 5 minutes per side flipping when they were lightly browned.