Zucchini Frittersby Lisa Apfelberg
A perfect summer treat!
5 medium zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 cloves garlic minced
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ cup melted vegan butter
Avocado oil for frying
- Grate zucchini and add to a glass mixing bowl. Mix in salt and leave for about 12 minutes. The salt will help the excess water expel from the zucchini. Use your hands to squeeze out the zucchini and leave the excess water behind. Put the squeezed zucchini into a new bowl to assemble the recipe.
- In the new bowl, add the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika to the zucchini. Mix well. It will be a very dry batter that is not well put together.
- Add in the melted butter and then mix it together to make a thick batter.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a frying pan and let it get hot over a medium heat. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter into the pan and flatten the scoops a bit with the spoon. Cook a few at a time.
- I cooked for about 5 minutes per side flipping when they were lightly browned.
Tofu Mushroom Cobb Salad This bright and flavorful salad will become a new lunch or dinner favorite in your house! Easy to make... Main
Tofu Piccata This delicious Piccata is made with tofu instead of meat and it’s really delicious and filling. This would make... Main
Easy Air Fryer Tofu, Broccoli, and Potato Dinner This easy dinner can be made all in your air fryer! You can also adapt any of the components... Main
Shabbat Harvest Plate Get your veggies in with this simple, delicious dinner! Main
Vegan Chicken Salad An easy, filling vegan chicken salad recipe for any time of year! Main
Rice Paper Bacon The easiest, tastiest and cheapest vegan bacon I’ve ever encountered: RICE PAPER BACON! Appetizer
Zucchini Fritters A perfect summer treat! Side
Lisa’s Shabbat Lemon Cake A bright, delicious cake to make your Shabbat a true oneg (delight). Dessert
Scrumptious Mac and Cheese (no boil) Baked vegan mac and cheese, using only one dish! Perfect for an easy and delicious Shabbat dinner, or any... Main
Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit Warming, filling, and easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious! Main
Mushroom Stroganoff Comfort food at its finest. Main
Chocolate Covered Cookies with Peppermint A quick, easy treat that kids (and kids at heart) are sure to love! Dessert